The number of phone users out there is expected to grow to 5.5 billion by the year 2020. That equates to 70 percent of the global population, according to today’s release of the Cisco Visual Networking Index™ (VNI) Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast (2015 to 2020).
Take a minute and let that staggering number sink in! It is hard to put that number into perspective. So, let’s compare it to some other recent statistics:
- 1.3 billion cars are in the world as of 2015
- 3.8 billion people have running water in their homes.
- 5.3 billion have access to electricity.
- 5.8 billion people have brown eyes.
- 10 billion ants (all varieties)